EXPERIENCE ARTS, CULTURE AND FAMILY BONDING
Looking for a fun-filled manner to spend time and bond with the family during this coming December school holidays? How about coming to BW Monastery’s free event “Fiesta” and spend some quality and meaningful time with the family, indulging in cultural, musical and recreational activities?
You can have a go at whipping up vegetarian dumplings, rubbing dough to make glutinous rice balls, or try making natural soap, painting and designing creative patterns! Enjoy these DIY activities as music fills the air with youthful voices belting out soothing Buddhist songs. There are also Buddhist artwork, ornaments, wood carvings and Chinese Dunhuang art pieces on showcase to enrich the minds!
So wait no more, come and be a part of BW Monastery’s “Fiesta” on the weekends of 9-10 December and 16-17 December! We promise you a memorable weekend with wonderful, meaningful memories with your families!
Exhibitions and activities for all:
- Garden art
- Artistic painting showcase
- Handwoven art exhibition
- Modern Dun Huang art display
- Handcrafted wood carvings
- Hands-on with cultural musical instruments
- “Music for the Soul” Karaoke corner
- Healthy cooking sharing
- Making of traditional Chinese rice-balls and Malay ketupat
Activities for children/youth:
- Natural soap-making DIY
- Children craft making and recitation of Di Zi Gui (弟子规)
- Children drawing corner
Activities for youth:
- Youth Dialogue from All Races
- Youth Band: Music for the Soul
Date: 9th & 16th December (Saturday), 10th & 17th December (Sunday)
Time: 9.30am to 6:00pm
Venue: No. 1 Woodlands Drive 6 Singapore 737764 (how to get here?)